With the #metaverse industry predicted to add $5 trillion to the value of the global economy by 2030, there’s everything to play for, and 2023 is likely to be a key year for defining the direction it will take. No one knows for sure what the winning strategy will be yet (Alt Ethos has a good idea), but one thing is for certain – you’ve got to be in it to win it. The #web3 metaverse is still in its early stages, but there are already a number of initiatives vying for attention. With so much excitement and so many possibilities, it’s clear that the metaverse is here to stay. So whatever your vision for the future of the web, make sure you have a plan for how to make your mark in this rapidly evolving space.
So, what can we expect from the metaverse in 2023? Here are our top five predictions. 5. The rise of niche metaverses. As the market for virtual reality continues to grow, so too will the number of niche metaverses catering to specific audiences and interests. 4. Increased integration with physical worlds. 3D scanning technology will become more sophisticated and widespread, allowing for greater interaction between digital and physical worlds. 2. Social media giants move into VR gaming 1. The emergence of blockchain-based metaverses.
Alt Ethos specializes in the development and design of bespoke metaverses as assets with high ROI potential. We have the experience and expertise to help you make the most of the metaverse, whether you’re looking to create a memorable experience for your brand’s audience or generate revenue through metaverse consulting. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you utilize the metaverse to its full potential. Contact Us
As we move into the future, the way we experience events is changing. Augmented, virtual, and mixed reality is becoming more and more common, and collectively, they’re called immersive experiences. This trend is only going to grow in the coming years, with the market size for this sector expected to hit $30 billion by 2030.
So what does this mean for event planners? Immersive experiences are a great way to engage your audience and keep them coming back for more. Not to mention, they can also be a great way to monetize your event.
But creating an immersive experience is not as easy as it sounds. It takes careful planning and execution to pull off something that will truly wow your attendees. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
1. Define your goals. What do you want to achieve with your immersive experience? Whether it’s increasing brand awareness or generating leads, make sure you have a clear goal in mind before you start planning.
2. Understand your audience. Who are you trying to reach with your experience? What are their needs and wants? Knowing this will help you create an experience that resonates with them.
3. Create a story. A great immersive experience is like a great story – it has a beginning, middle, and end. Start by planning out the overall arc of your experience, and then fill in the details.
4. Make it interactive. Immersive experiences are all about interaction. Whether it’s through physical interactivity or digital interactivity, make sure your audience has a way to engage with your experience.
5. Use technology wisely. Technology can enhance an immersive experience, but it should never be the sole focus. Use it creatively and only when it adds to the overall experience.
6. Test and refine. Once you’ve created your experience, test it out to see how it works in real life. Then, refine it based on feedback.
7. Promote your experience. Once you’ve created an immersive experience that wows your audience, promote it! Get the word out there so people can come and enjoy it for themselves.
8. Have fun! Creating an immersive experience should be enjoyable for you, too. So make sure to have fun while you’re doing it!
Thanks for considering Alt Ethos as your partner for creative endeavors! We’re confident that our innovation, attention to detail, and dedication to our clients will make us the right choice for you.
Our diverse client and project base regularly challenge us to create new methods of increasing audience engagement. This is what we do best, and we’re always looking for new ways to engage and excite our audiences.
If you’re looking for a partner who can provide you with superior service and quality craftsmanship, Alt Ethos is the right choice for you. We’re looking forward to working with you and creating unique, interactive experiences that will wow your audiences. Contact us
There’s a lot of debate about what “the metaverse” actually is. Some people say it’s a game, while others claim that specific platforms like Meta (Formerly Facebook) are the total metaverse. But one thing is for sure, whoever utilizes the metaverse will influence people now and into the future. And companies are looking for the right strategic partners to develop their vision.
The metaverse is often described as a persistent, virtual world that people can access via various technologies like virtual reality or augmented reality. However, it doesn’t necessarily have to be accessed exclusively through VR or AR. One of Alt Ethos’ favorite metaverse platforms is accessed through the web browser. The metaverse is open-ended and multifaced in design from simple shapes to photo-realistic worlds.
So what’s the big deal with the metaverse?
Well, for starters, whoever utilizes the metaverse will have a memorable impact. The metaverse is the Experiential version of the Internet. It’s more engaging, exploratory, and social than flat media. It’s in the early stage which means finding the right strategic partner could not only create a media buzz but also you could help develop new systems of engagement in your market.
But it’s not just about money. The metaverse also has the potential to be a powerful tool for social and political change. For example, metaverses could be used to create integrated digital safe spaces for underrepresented communities or to create easier access to education.
Of course, the metaverse is still in its early stages but it is possible to say what it will become when you are helping create it. And one thing is certain: whoever utilizes the metaverse will have a lot of influence over the digital world.
Alt Ethos specializes in the development and design of bespoke metaverses as assets with high ROI potential. We have the experience and expertise to help you make the most of the metaverse, whether you’re looking to create a memorable experience for your brand’s audience or generate revenue through metaverse consulting. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you utilize the metaverse to its full potential.
The American mall used to be a robust gathering place, hosting mall walkers in the morning, high school kids in the afternoon, and families simply looking for something to do in the evenings. With the rise of home entertainment and online shopping, especially in a post-COVID world, these former hubs of activity have seen a steep decline in attendance, causing many storefronts to sit largely empty.
Now, a new trend in “retailtainment” is picking up the slack as retail malls are being sold to gaming companies. Using technology, visual storytelling, and interactive experiences, this new way to use public space has started to reinvigorate the mall as a social place to hang out, bringing consumers back to in-person shopping.
These strategies don’t only work for malls. City shopping areas and public gathering spaces can be activated similarly, driving the public out of their homes to areas where local dining and shopping is essential to city economic health and tourism. This art of creating immersive and interactive experiences has been dubbed Destination Design.
Alt Ethos is a leader in Destination Design and has participated in several projects in collaboration with downtown development authorities, arts and culture groups, and city tourism agencies to provide designs that help drive foot traffic to strategic locations. These projects encourage interaction, collaboration, and play; creating unexpected joy and bringing together communities.
One strong example is Alt Ethos’ Illuminous Fort Collins. Installed in 2018 as part of a Fort Collins revitalization project, this interactive, projection mapped mural can still be found lighting up the alleyways of Old Town. Thanks to this project, these once barren streets are now lined with bar patios, vibrant performances, and a high-end hotel where you can request a room with a view of the moving mural. Alt Ethos is proud to help cities redefine their tourism and community strategies to launch experiences like the Illuminous project. These Retailtainment designs provide successful, measured, and defined experiences that engage with communities and drive tourism.
While the connection fostered by these interactive experiences fuels our artistic souls, these creations have real-world fiscal benefits to companies. They offer scalable options, deeper engagement and retention, and unique opportunities for viral marketing in ways that are more effective than traditional mediums.
“Art galleries and museums have realised that built-in opportunities for “user-generated content” (UGC) can be profitable; as the artist Dena Yago wrote in a 2018 essay, “a company’s marketing plan may include a UGC campaign that broadcasts a call to action, or CTA … this response is often the creation of more content – the posting of selfies, photos and videos.”
Alt Ethos is excited to be amongst these talented leaders in creating interactive and immersive projects. When you’re considering where your budget goes for the next event or long-term project, look to us to create mind-blowing immersive experiences that will bring you an ROI you can proudly report back to your stakeholders. We love to use technology to explore how we can engage wonder and create unexpected joy and connection. View more of our work on immersive projects and events around the country and world.
During the Gather Verse Summit 2022, our CEO and founder, Ethan Bach, shared his story as a transgender business owner who is developing a Metaverse. In his talk, Ethan explains why transgender representation is so important and how it’s been squashed time and time in history.
The Gather Verse Summit is a global gathering discussing humanity-first standards of education, safety, privacy, wellness, equality, community development and accessibility in the next steps of the metaverse. This year, the Summit is expecting over 5,000 attendees to join more than 70 sessions about the metaverse.
“What if in the virtual world you had a safe space to express yourself and that actually saved your life?”
Ethan Bach, CEO and Founder, Alt Ethos
As we move forward with our own Pathos Metaverse, Alt Ethos is committed to allowing and fostering sustainability, inclusivity and diversity. We strive to make human connections and interactions positive for the next evolution of humanity and endorse socially responsible initiatives such as the Gather Verse Summit.
10 Things You Can Do To Help Transgender People Feel Safe In The Metaverse
1. Respect trans people as equal citizens with equal rights. Craft a transgender-inclusive nondiscrimination policy.
2. Train all of your staff to know how to appropriately handle harassment of a transgender person. Hire a diversity trainer.
3. Personal Boundary, a safe area around your avatar
– February Meta announced Personal Boundary
– 4 foot buffer where no one could come into your personal space
– So many harassments
– Everyone should adopt a similar feature
4. Categorizing your items of clothing by them “masculine” feminine” “gender neutral”.
5. Empower Transgender people to have ownership in the metaverse
– If you are teaching workshop for building consider having trans only or queer only workshops
6. Add Safe Space posters and banners in public spaces reminding people that you have a zero tolerance
7. Create Transgender Avatars – allow for mix match of gendered clothing, objects, etc
8. Allow people to display their preferred pronoun – she/her, they, he,
9. Create Queer and Transgender places to hang out
10. Create a transgender education center where anyone can be informed – maybe partner wish a non profit agency and offer your services.